I am so excited to share one of my favorite crafts with you! Below are a list of resources that I’ve put together to help you get started with your new hobby. Please note that if you purchased a round weaving kit from me, your metal hoop will already be warped once it arrives! I’ve included resources that teach how to warp both a standard loom and round loom/hoop, should you continue this hobby in the future!
If you've used up all of your fibers, click here to see my list of weaving supplies + links to my favorite suppliers! And maybe even a little discount code or two for you..
Please reach out to me via email at email@example.com if you have any questions!
- The actual weaving portion of the video begins at 30:50
Weaving Circles // Warping and Weaving on a Circular Frame Loom Tutorial
- The actual weaving portion of the video begins at 8:40
DIY Embroidery Hoop Weaving | World Crafted
- The actual weaving portion of the video begins at 4:05
- Your loom weaving kit will not include a warped loom, but does include cotton warp
Spruce & Linen YouTube Channel
Jenell of Spruce & Linen has TONS of free loom weaving resources on her YouTube channel - & she releases new videos every week! You can learn so many different techniques & how to weave with different materials from her. Below is a three-part series of how to create a beginner woven wall hanging, which is an excellent place to start if you're new to loom weaving!
- Beginner Woven Wall Hanging - Part 1
- Beginner Woven Wall Hanging - Part 2
- Beginner Woven Wall Hanging - Part 3
‘Weaving in the Round: A Weaver’s Guide to Round Weaving for All Skill Levels’ by Ashton Zager
- I first came across round weaving because of Ashton! She does absolutely incredible work & will teach any and all weaving techniques! This is by far the best resource out there for round weaving.
'Weaving in Squares: A Beginners Guide to Frame Loom Weaving' by Ashton Zager
- Ashton teaches the basics of weaving on a frame loom (what you received in your Loom Kit!) and walks you through how to create your own wall hanging through written instructions & videos!
‘Weaving Basics E-Course’ by Nova Mercury
- Jen teaches all of the basic weaving techniques for a standard loom, but they can definitely be applied to weaving on a hoop!
Below are resource videos for each of the techniques that I teach during my in-person workshops, in case you need a refresher! Click on the name to be taken to a YouTube video that shows how to do each technique.
- Plain tabby
- Overhand knot - reminder that your overhand knot will be done around a warp string!
- Rya knot
- Rya loops - bonus technique!